Monday, April 07, 2008

Look Dad, Hot Dougs (again.)

My son is now taunting me at 19 months. He and his mom were once again able to repeat a fun series of events that proved successful last time. The need: Haircut. The want: Hot Dougs.

The haircut thankfully is not an issue for him as he pretty much enjoys the barber shop. Hot Dougs however, continues to elude us 9 to 5ers. We drove past there on a sunny 60 degree Sunday afternoon and the line was more than 100 feet down the sidewalk out the front door. Today is a different story. Both haircut and hot dog are manageable, especially on a Monday, as seen here in the action photo below:

























He almost looks like he's taunting me. Like he's basking in the glory of being VIP. Like the soup nazi actually likes him. Like haircuts aren't that cool. Like "Hot Doug's is just another hot dog dad... like, dude, bring it down a notch. This place is so last year."

3 comments:

Dina said...

he is taunting you.
i'm glad p and otto had a good monday, did you?

Anonymous said...

That's the look of a 15 year old, "yeah sure, whatever you say, and then I'll go do just what I want to do."

L. said...

Oh my God, he gets cuter every time I seen him. He is looking a big smuggish in this pic.
L.